Re: glibc-2.0.95 causes ls -al & ps -aux to segfault.

 > [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
 > Ok, My fault, at least in that it didn't pass make check:

If it doesn't pass `make check' I wouldn't install it at all and
instead report it directly as bug.  Please always run `make check'
before installing one of the glibc test releases.  Are there other
failures during `make check'?

Your problem (just got your mail with the backtrace) looks like egcs
miscompiled libc.  Zack has provided a patch for tzset - he said it
only happens with egcs 1.0.3.  I'm using an egcs development version
on ix86 without problems - and since your report also indicated one,
I'm not sure if Zack's patch (send separatly) really helps.  You might
want to give it a try.

Please run just now the testsuite for the time files (`make
timezone/tests time/tests').  Those tests will most probably fail.  I
hope that after applying Zack's patch, the tests are
successful. Please tell us in any case if those patches helped or not.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@alma.student.uni-kl.de