status

Hi,

I want to give a short status report.  The last two and a half week
not much happened on my side.  First because of the meetings we had,
then last week I had to work a lot (really a lot) on a delivery,
leaving almost no time for aything else.  This week so far I recovered
from the last week (means, I had a few days off) and will start on
working again today.

>From what I can say 2.0.7 seems to be stable.  I haven't heard any
positive or negative response except the sln on Hurd bug which should
be fixed.  I'll therefore check in the latest version later today and
ask on libc-alpha to once more test it.  When I received no reports
until the weekend we'll make the (hopefully) final 2.0 release.

For 2.1: on Intel we seem not to have many problems.  I expect m68k is
in the same shape.  Otherwise Andreas would have sent patches :-).
Richard just said that on Alpha there are some new problems with
signals etc.  I guess it's kernel related.

For the other platforms I have almost no clue.  It seems to work on
ARM though no versioning support is there.  PPC also was reported to
work but I don't no anything for sure.  SPARC: DaveM said that he'll
look into this once the gcc hacks are done but perhaps they are not
yet finished.  I don't know anything about MIPS.  Dou you people not
want to collaborate?  For Hurd: I think they've still not caught up,
right?  But Roland already said that this should not prevent an
official 2.1 release.

It would be nice if I could get a status report for all platforms.
I'm running short of small changes I can do.  The big projects ahead
should not be added (I'll probably also leave Zack's Makefile changes
out of 2.1).  Therefore I'd like to get 2.1 out of the door, making
room for 2.2.