Re: status

> From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
> Date: 20 Aug 1998 12:14:21 -0700

> For the other platforms I have almost no clue.  It seems to work on
> ARM though no versioning support is there.  PPC also was reported to
> work but I don't no anything for sure.  SPARC: DaveM said that he'll

The status of the PPC port is this:

- The math tests have a few minor `accuracy' failures.  They had a
  whole lot more flag-related failures because of a bug in egcs which
  I have sent in a fix for.

- The next test that fails on my machine is linuxthreads/ex2.c, which
  deadlocks (yuk!).  I can't work out why.  I hate that.  It must be a
  kernel bug :-).

- I have patches for chown() which I have not tested and sent in yet.

- I have a big patch for ld.so which fixes lazy PLT relocation.  I'd
  like to test this a little more (I find it's best to really test
  ld.so patches in a running system, but that means I have to have a
  glibc working well enough to install).

- I think LD_PROFILE is broken, but haven't checked it recently.

Apart from those, everything is great.

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>