Re: _IO_unbuffer_all corrupts parent process's buffers

On 22 Aug 1998, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> TH> On 22 Aug 1998, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Tuomas,
> >>
> >> HJ Lu is trying to look into the bug report you've send us:
> >>
> >> He has some problems with your testcase.  Please send him directly a
> >> complete testcase.  I'm appending his message for details.
> >>

> TH> Well I'm kinda busy nowadays but I'll try to do something tomorrow...
> TH> meanwhile I've been using this kinda patch for genops.c to make these old
> TH> libc5:ish programs work with glibc2 too...
>
> Ok, we're looking forward for a complete, self containing (stand
> alone) test case to show the bug.  Sorry, to analyze that your fix is
> correct we first need to understand the problem you're mentioning.

Whee I wish I understood it too... basically it's parent's input file
position changing on children's exit() / _IO_unbuffer_all ...
the diff I sent earlier will hide the behaviour from the test prog but
doesn't solve it (r/o check doesn't help if we have r/w access...)
... so the question is how stdio buffering should behave in rare
situations like this one... and of course things like this should be
documented ... sorry gotta run, see you next month (.mil.fi keeping me busy...)

fork_debug-0.3.tar.gz