Re: 2.0.7 on Hurd: Problem linking sln

   From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de>
   Date: 18 Aug 1998 23:41:16 +0200
   Hi,

   we've just got the appended bug report for glibc 2.0.7pre5 on the Hurd.

   The rule for linking sln in elf/Makefile is:
   $(objpfx)sln: $(objpfx)sln.o
	   $(CC) -nostdlib -nostartfiles -o $@ $(sysdep-LDFLAGS) -static         \
		 $(addprefix $(csu-objpfx),start.o) $(+preinit)                  \
		 $(filter-out $(addprefix $(csu-objpfx),start.o) $(+preinit)     \
		   $(link-extra-libs) $(common-objpfx)libc% $(+postinit),$^)     \
		 $(link-extra-libs) $(common-objpfx)libc.a $(gnulib) $(+postinit)

   Is there an elegant way to add libmachuser/libhurduser?  Could
   somebody running Hurd look into this, please?

Although I haven't tried it recently, I really doubt whether pre 2.0.7
will run at all (without major fixes) on the Hurd.  I tried 2.0.5 and
2.0.6 unsuccessfully and then decided to concentrate on getting the
current development snapshots to work, since I suspected that the
amount of work would roughly be the same.  I've got the development
snapshot more or less working right now.  So if you have no easy
solution for the problem I suggest you tell this guy that 2.0.7 is not
really supported on the Hurd but that hopefully in the near future,
2.1 will be supported again.

Mark