Re: C9x conformance check

On 29 Aug 1998 07:00:20 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> > I did a check of conformance to the draft standard in the headers provided
> > by gcc and glibc.  Take the results with a grain of salt;  there may be
> > problems with the checker, also I have only the April draft and egcs-1.0.3.
> > I wasn't able to check typedefs or struct definitions.

- commenting on myself a bit:  It Would Be Nice if gcc had an option similar
to -aux-info to dump typedefs and struct/union/enum names; then I could
easily add them to the check.  It would also be nice if '-aux-info -' sent
the dump to stdout.

[...]
> > math.h: ... C9x specifies gamma(); libc only has tgamma().
>That has changed in the last draft.  tgamma is now specified by C9x.

And not gamma()?  Ok, I'll switch that.  Is the latest draft available
anywhere?

> > stdbool.h does not exist.  This header is trivial but we should agree on
> > who provides it.
>It is already provided by the latest egcs snapshots and will be in
>egcs 1.1.

Ok.  Thanks for the input.

zw