Re: hounddog.cc

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com> writes:

|> Andreas Schwab <schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
|>
|> > However removing this change fixes the bug.
|>
|> I know that removing the patch fixes _this_ bug.  But the ungetc
|> handling in libio was very broken.  The patch you've removed fixed
|> this, but introduced a bug.

Which bug?  Where is this documented?

You still violate the documented purpose of _IO_switch_to_main_get_area.
This is bad and must be corrected.  Then you can go on fixing the other
bug for real, not by introducing new bugs.  Have you checked *all* calls
to this function whether they are now broken?  There are quite a few!

|>  I've fixed this on Friday with this:
|>
|> 1998-10-23  Ulrich Drepper  <drepper@cygnus.com>
|>
|> 	* libio/genops.c (_IO_seekmark): When switching to backup buffer
|> 	make sure all characters from the read buffer are read after
|> 	switching back to it.

This change is bogus because _IO_switch_to_main_get_area is supposed to do
that.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de                      completely different"