Re: signum

   Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 15:40:17 +0100
   From: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>

   The generic version of bits/signum.h currently defines SIGILL and SIGINT to
   the same value.  This looks like a typo to me but I thought I'd ask before
   changing it just in case anybody's code would be broken by such a change or
   there was some reason it was like this originally.

Well, defining SIGKILL to something different from 9 seems to be
asking for trouble.  If you are going to change the numbers anyway,
try to stick with the most common signal numbers.  It seems that all
numbers below 15 have the same meaning among a lot of different systems.

Mark