Re: Question about gdb

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

> > Mr. Lu!
> >
> > I hope I can get some help from you - or maybe you know where I can get s=
> > ome help
> > about gdb. I'm running RedHat 5.1 linux kernel 2.0.36, binutils-2.9.1.0.1=
> > 5 and
> > latest egcs-snapshot. However - gdb doesn't work on my multithread progra=
> > ms.
> >
> > I did try to get the latest snapshot from gdb-4.17 from www.cygnus.com/gd=
> > b but
> > that version didn't work. it core-dumped during startup, however I manage=
> > d to fix
> > those bugs by modifying some maybe bogus code in libiberty/cplus-dem.c an=
> > d then
> > gdb started. The problem is now that gdb sends my s SIGUSR1 signal per th=
> > read beeing
> > started and I have no way to put breakpoints in the code. There gotta be =
> > some way
> > to get gdb work with threaded applications! :-/
> >

> I heard there was a patch for gdb to handle thread. But I don't know
> where it is.

Thanx for the reply.

I installed RedHat-5.2 which includes gdb-4.17.0.4 and this code includes a
multithread-patch. However, looking into glibc it seems like the
pthread_cond_timedwait() is broken. It returns EINTR - which it should not
(according to the spec). Do you know to whom I may ask to fix this? I've never
dug into the glibc code before :-/...

bjornw>