Re: Question about egcs-1.1.1 & glibc-2.0.10x (fwd)

> OK, I think there is a problem with the glibc sunrpc stuff. It appears
> that there is a dependacy upon cpp existing in either $PATH or in /lib,
> which will *always* fail if cpp does not exist in either of these and
> smash the build itself.

This is definitely a complete crock in the rpcgen code from Sun.  Since
glibc uses most of the Sun RPC code with little or no modification, we
hadn't noticed it.  The code in question is in sunrpc/rpc_main.c.

As a workaround, you can probably use:

	rpcgen -Y `$(CC) -print-file-name=.`

The -Y option takes as an argument a directory to which it appends "/cpp"
for where to find cpp.

We will fix this soon in glibc.