Re: libc/936: glibc2 - ld.so fails to load a program defining

Zack Weinberg <zack@rabi.columbia.edu> writes:

> Just got this from the guy with the strcmp() problem, it' a new and
> much less invasive patch.  I don't know the dynamic linker well enough
> to evaluate it.  Comments?

The patch is bogus.  The question is: why do we re-relocate the
dynamic linker again if it is referenced?  Roland, do you remember why
you added this?  It is certainly no requirement.  We could simply
remove the lines

    if (_dl_rtld_map.l_opencount > 0)
      {
	/* There was an explicit ref to the dynamic linker as a shared lib.
	   Re-relocate ourselves with user-controlled symbol definitions.  */
	HP_TIMING_NOW (start);
	_dl_relocate_object (&_dl_rtld_map, _dl_loaded->l_scope, 0, 0);
	HP_TIMING_NOW (stop);
	HP_TIMING_DIFF (add, start, stop);
	HP_TIMING_ACCUM_NT (relocate_time, add);
      }

without consequences.