Re: A new pthread patch

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

> How can you guarantee those real-time signals are not used for
> other purposes? We have __libc_allocate_rtsig () in <signal.h>.
> I can image someone wants to call it to get a free signal.

First, this function is not meant to be called by user code.  The
comments clearly state this.  And: I've removed the allocation
function now from the installed header.

Second, even if the user would allocate signals using this function
nothing bad would happen.  The whole purpose of this function is to
prevent this.

> unless you can
> provide me a patch for gdb which is as reliable as gdb 4.17.0.11.

You have not even described the problem.  How shall I know what you
want to fix.