Re: glibc2.1 [offtopic]

> >Well, it is on the mainline now.
>
> Are we talking about the same patch?  The one I don't like is the one

No. I was talking about

Sat Jun 27 19:06:04 1998  H.J. Lu  (hjl@gnu.org)

        * configure (gxx_include_dir): Changed to
        '${prefix}/include/g++'-${libstdcxx_interface}.

        * config.if: New to determine the interfaces.

> >> you created it to fix.  Instead it creates more binary
> >> incompatibilities.
> >
> >It works for me. You never gave me a convincing example to show
> >it is broken. Maybe we have different opinions on what "broken"
> >means in this context.
>
> "It works for me" != "it works for everyone".
>
> You localized a bunch of symbols that have been in libgcc since GCC1
> and will never go away.  Things like _muldi3.  Those symbols are
> re-exported by libc.  We can't take them out without breaking every
> binary that needs them.

It is up to libc to export it, not libgcc. It still works for me.
_muldi3 is global even with my libgcc.map patch.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)