Re: egcs & extern inline

  Geoff Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au> writes:

> I don't think replacing them with macros is really a good idea.  It
> may make things less reliable overall, because it would make them very
> hard to maintain.

Linus hates macros too, for the same reason. ;-)

There's some discussion on the EGCS list to add an "always" extension to
gcc so that it can properly warn/error when it sees an uninlineable inline
function.

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/