Re: ["Carlos Wijders" <computec@sr.net>] libc/968: 'make check' fails with glibc-2.1

Ulrich> Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de> writes:
>> I propose to add `make installcheck' for isomac.

Ulrich> I don't see what should be srong with the current approach.  The only
Ulrich> reason I could see is a broken compiler.  And this we don't use for a
Ulrich> reason to change the code.

I looked closer at the reports and at isomac.  isomac is designed to
run with non installed headers which I understand *now*.

But look at the command line in the reports:

PR 947 (Robert Hedges):
cd /usr/src/linux.2.2/glibc_build/stdlib && gcc   -include ../config.h /usr/src/linux.2.2/glibc-2.1/stdlib/isomac.c -o isomac

PR 968 (Carlos Wijders):
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.1/stdlib'
    cd /usr/gnu/glibc-build/stdlib && gcc -include ../config.h
/usr/src/glibc-2.1/
    stdlib/isomac.c -o isomac

That's not an error of *running* isomac (which I thought first and
which confused my) but of *compiling* isomac without a /usr/include
tree.  The glibc FAQ says explicitly to move /usr/include away (FAQ
2.3) before installation.

Therefore we shouldn't use $(native-compile) for isomac (and neither
for posix/annexc).

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de