Re: deep troubles with register_frame_info

>   In message <m10UAsu-000ErMC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
>   > I have warned everyone on the glibc mailing list that you HAVE to get
>   > the latest glibc 2.0 from CVS or use glibc 2.1.1. We haven't made any
>   > glibc 2.0 releases for a long time. But there are quite a few important
>   > changes in CVS. Please either
> That is not acceptable.  We can not break existing binaries like that.  Period,
> that is simply not acceptable.  You need to find a better solution or the
> change will have to be reverted.

Have you tried it on RedHat 5.2? Does it break anything? I only saw
this when

1. Run binaries compiled against the new glibc on a system with an
older glibc.
2. Recompile the older/buggy glibc 2.0 with egcs 1.1.2.

I guess #2 is the case for SuSE. They should have never done that. FYI,
glibc is a very special case. It doesn't use crtbegin.o/crtend.o from
egcs. It has its own crtbegin.o/crtend.o. The ones in the glibc which
SuSE uses are broken. I don't even know reverting my changes in egcs
will help. The correct way to fix it is to update glibc to get the
working crtbegin.o/crtend.o.

BTW, in glibc, we don't call them crtbegin.o/crtend.o. They are called
soinit.os and sofini.os.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)