Re: imacros

 > I've reverted the imacro change introduced by one of Zack's patches.
 > It simply has too many weird effects.  E.g., while compiling rpcinfo.c
 > the macro __GNU_LIBRARY__ was not defined.  This should not happen.
You only reverted part of it.  As far as I understand the issues, the
problem of not defining __GNU_LIBRARY__ is the missing inclusion of
<features.h> in libc-symbols.h.  <features.h> was indirectly included
via libintl.h and you only reverted the Makeconfig part:

1999-06-18  Zack Weinberg  <zack@rabi.columbia.edu>

        * include/libintl.h: Declare _libc_intl_domainname here.
        Define _ and N_ here.
        * include/libc-symbols.h: Don't include <libintl.h>.  Don't
        define _ and N_.  Don't declare _libc_intl_domainname.
        * Makeconfig (CPPFLAGS): Use -imacros to read libc-symbols.h.

I just looked at rpcinfo and it still has __GNU_LIBRARY__ not defined
when including getopt.h.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de