Re: german ftp site for glibc-crypt

On Mon, Jul 26, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

>  > Hello,
>
>  > I have a login on ftp.gwdg.de and could put glibc-crypt on
>  > ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/glibc
>
>  > Since I have a login it is no problem to update it regulary.
> Thanks!
>
>  > Where could I find now the current crypt sources ? I think
>  > glibc-crypt-2.1.tar.gz is the latest one, or I´m wrong ?
> Please put glibc-crypt-2.1.tar.gz, glibc-crypt-2.1.1.tar.gz (which is
> identical to the 2.1 version except the name change) from:
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~geoffk/glibc-crypt
>
> and also the latest glibc-crypt 2.0.6/7 version you have there.

I have put all sources for 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 2.0.7pre6, 2.1 and 2.1.1 in
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/glibc/2.1
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/glibc/2.1.1
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/glibc/2.0.5
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/glibc/2.0...

It will be mirrord all 10 hours from my local directory to the server,
so it could be that not all is there yet.

> If this is really our final location (I do hope so!), we should update
> README.template, FAQ.in and manual/install.texi for both glibc 2.1 and
> 2.2 branches.

We should try to find some mirrors. ftp.gwdg.de is a very fast ftp server,
but not for all in the world.

Since I have a login and the disks we use are from SuSE, I think we
could use it as our final location in the moment. At least we could
use it much longer then all the other sites we have problems with
in the moment.

Andreas, could you shange the docu ?

 Thanks,
  Thorsten
--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg