Re: interesting change

On Fri, Jul 30, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> writes:
>
> > There are some more problems with the your __libc_pagesize optimization.
> > The list of commercial applications crashing with this patch enlarges
> > every week.
> > It seems all of this application uses it's own malloc functions.
>
> Well, if they are using their own malloc, how can this be a problem?
> The initialization happens at the right time.  It can only be that
> these application do something forbidden.

Maybe our own glibc functins are using our own malloc ?

I only know the following:
- As far as I know all of this software has it's own malloc
- It always crashes in one of our malloc functions
- __libc_pagesize is initialized when it crashes
- If I revert the __libc_pagesize patch all Application works.
- I haven't found a program with source where I could debug it.

My only ideas about this:
1. One of our malloc function was called before the crash in
  a way that __libc_pagesize is not set the first time.
2. The application malloc changes pagesize ? (Don't think this
  is possible, but ...)

 Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg