Re: new way of generating crt[ni].o [patch]

 > The new x86 back end wants to generate trampolines to load the PIC
 > base register all the time (yes, even with -march=i386).  The current
 > crt[in] generation can't handle this.  So I rewrote it again.  This
 > version does the split in the object file; it turns out to be much,
 > much cleaner that way.  On the other hand, it is dependent on more
 > gnu-binutils-specific features than before.  I'm using binutils
 > 2.9.5.0.10, but it ought to work with 2.9.1 and later, at least.

Do I understand your statement correctly that the current gcc cvs
version doesn't correctly build glibc?  How severe is the problem?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de