Time for glibc 2.1.2 final?

Hi,

what open problems do we have for a 2.1.2 release?

I just went over my pile of emails and open reports and classified the
problems I noticed.  Anything I missed?

Some problems that are not resolved (I don't know how critical they
are (except the crt[ni]. problem):
- The message "Bug in ld-linux 2.1.2pre2 - absolute symbols are
  relocated + Patch" on libc-alpha has not been answered.  Is this
  really a bug?
- the crt[ni].* problem Zack mentioned (this seems to be IMHO the only
  show stopper)
- PR libc/1174: "stdio without SA_RESTART loses output"

I noticed the following cosmetic problems:
- INSTALL is not uptodate (manual/install.texi is more recent)
- FAQ is not uptodate (FAQ.in is more recent)
- Geoff's changes made to FAQ 2.8 in glibc 2.2 should be made to glibc
  2.1 also.

I would like to see glibc 2.1.2 released soon since it fixes three
real FAQs (gcc 2.95 problems, nscd problems (HJ's fix for dns-host.c),
crypt location) - and a number of bug fixes.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de