Re: K&R and ISO

> > and if so, can you just you ansi2knr or protoize
> > and be happy?
>
> No. Certain semantics, will not pass like concatenation of strings
> at compile time.
>
> 	printf ("hello " "world\n");
>
> The same for line split: I think ANSI C demands that one use a \
> but some compilers will complain some will not, if you don't put it.
>
> 	printf ("hello
> world\n");

Hmm.  Ok.  I do not speak for the libc maintainers, but still I don't think
it will be a burden to avoid these few particular features for a few files
(I assume they are not used now in any files that you care about).  If
ansi2knr/protoize can be made to flag these features and complain at you,
then your normal testing of new libc code can readily flag these problems
before they get into your packages.  If you report these and supply the
necessary fixes, I don't think the libc maintainers would have any trouble
folding in those changes for the benefit of packages like yours.