Re: New ldconfig

>>>>> Jakub Jelinek writes:

Jakub> On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 12:37:55PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

>> I've written a new ldconfig which I'll place under the GPL and like to
>> get added to glibc.  ldconfig should be compatible with the current
>> ldconfig, but is missing some (IMHO not needed) options.  It has been
>> successfully tested on ix86, powerpc and alpha.
>>
>> The program parses libraries of the same endianness and wordsize as
>> it's compiled for.  It currently can not handle 32 and 64 bit
>> libraries simultaneously (if compiled on a 64 bit platform, it parses
>> only 64bit libraries).  Is this needed anywhere?

Jakub> Yes. On sparc and I assume on ia64 as well.

:-(

Just for clarification: Do you use the same dynamic linker to load 32
and 64 bit libraries?  It seems that you use 0x103 as cache id for 64
bit libraries, is this right?  Are all 64 bit libraries of this type?

Jakub> BTW: What was the reason not to integrate H.J.'s latest ldconfig, which
Jakub> already does a few things this ldconfig does not (in addition to 32/64
Jakub> handling it e.g. removes duplicates etc.)?

Copyright.  Ulrich said a long time ago that he can't accept David's
ldconfig because of copyright problems - and HJ's is AFAIK derived
from David's.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger