Re: ldconfig Patch

   From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
   Date: 30 Nov 1999 14:57:23 +0100

   - Mark and Roland, ldconfig is now also build for the Hurd.  Is this
     ok?

Probably not.  The first line of sysdeps/mach/hurd/dl-cache.c says:

   Stubby version of dl-cache; the Hurd doesn't support this "feature".

I tend to agree.  Even under Linux I don't use ldconfig.

Ultimately, on a correctly configured Hurd all shared libraries will appear
under /lib by using nifty Hurdish features.

Anyway, unless Roland and/or Thomas change their mind, ldconfig is
useless on the Hurd, so it would be better if you could arrange things
such that ldconfig is only built and installed for Linux.

Mark