Re: rlimit changes

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com> writes:

|> Only x86 had problems in the first place since now in the kernel 2GB
|> does not anymore mean unlimited.  This is what your patches fixed.

No.  My patches fix the binary incompatibility in the libc ABI.  Nothing
more, nothing less.  This is completely platform independent.

|> So, to proceed the current
|>
|> 	sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/resource.h
|>
|> file should be copied in an x86 specific dir and the original file
|> should be changed back to use the old value.

So why didn't you do that in the first place, instead of breaking all
platforms??

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."