Re: rlimit changes

Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> writes:

> You make a change which breaks the ABI for all platforms for over
> 2 weeks. We fixed it for all platforms.

Wrong.  I told you three times already: it didn't even compile on
Alpha.

> Could you please explain me, why you break it for other platforms,
> if the port maintainer should make the changes ? Then make it correct
> and make the changes only for the ix86 platform and wait until the
> port maintainer makes the necessary changes. The current solution
> is not Ok.

It is not possible to fix the Alpha problems without removing the
generic stuff.  Try it out before complaining.  On Alpha you get
double definitions of the functions because they are picked up in misc
and in resource.

If SuSE wants to make a release, go on, use the old code.  It's simply
not correct on all platforms.