Re: policy on __libc_*

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> I did not ask why they exist, I do already know that.  I asked which
> functions need them.  All libc functions that are POSIX.1 cancellation
> points?  Only some of them?

Some of the,

> Is there a rule, or are we doing it as needed?

The list of functions can be seen easily from the wrapsyscall.c file
on the linuxthreads add-on:

close
fcntl
fsync
lseek
lseek64
msync
nanosleep
open
open64
pause
pread
pread64
pwrite
pwrite64
read
system
tcdrain
wait
waitpid
write
accept
connect
recv
recvfrom
recvmsg
send
sendmsg
sento

They are also described in POSIX (except that POSIX is not mentioning
the 64bit variants yet).