Re: the setrlimit changes in glibc 2.1.3

   Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 07:21:06 +0100
   From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de>

   Just curious: I have reported this problem when we have introduced
   symbol versioning, and everybody here explained me this is the expected
   behaviour because library and main program should never call 2
   different versions of the same function. Now it is a bug ?

No, it's not a bug.  It was designed this way.  As soon as we
introduce a new version for a symbol, the old one will become hidden
and the (static) linker will refuse to use it.

Mark