Re: Adding SH support to glibc-2.1.3

 > Hi,
 > Here's a patch for glibc-2.1.3 to support new sh-linux-gnu target for
 > Linux on Hitachi SH processors.
 > We've already done the paper work for copyright assignment, and got back
 > the copy from FSF.

 > Patch consists of two parts.  One is for changes of generic part, and
 > another is SH specific part.  For the changes of generic part, there
 > are four diffs.  First three diffs are trivial, just add sh[34]
 > support.  We need the 4-th diff for csu/Makefile to get cststuff
 > routines directly.  This is needed because we couldn't use generated
 > files.   The constant (for label) is emitted far away than expected
 > by the generation, after the function epilogue.

I didn't look at the patch yet but don't think that it will be
accepted for glibc 2.1.3.  Could you please port this to the current
development version of glibc 2.2?  All the work is done for 2.2 now
and I don't know if we see a 2.1.4 release at all.  Therefore adding a
new port to 2.1.x doesn't make much sense.  But Ulrich has to comment
on this.

I'll send you next week some comments on the patch,
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de