Re: PATCH: bounds checks for many syscalls

Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de> writes:

> maintaining the MIPS port of glibc I think I should learn a bit about
> about the bounded pointer thing you're working on.  Is there some
> documentation available about it, especially the background of the whole
> thing?

I have an out-of-date overview document that describes an earlier gcc
implementation I did a couple years ago (see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1998-05/msg00073.html).  Even so, it's
substantially similar at the assembler-code level to the current
implementation.  Next, go to the gcc mailing list archives, and search
for "bounded pointers" to get some more recent information.  I will be
done checking things into libc this coming week, then will turn my
attention to getting things checked into gcc.  While I'm waiting for
patch approvals, will update documentation and integrate it into the
gcc texinfo manual.

Greg