Re: ldconfig problems

>>>>> Jakub Jelinek writes:

Jakub> On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 10:32:01AM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

Uli> Volunteers?
>>
>> Yes.  Here's a patch.  Ok to commit?

Jakub> Also, Andreas, could ldconfig be made a little bit more silent unless -v is
Jakub> given to it?
Jakub> It complains without -v about several things H.J.'s ldconfig complained with
Jakub> -v only, and people seem to be really confused by that.
Jakub> Would you mind if I moved some of the error calls undef opt_verbose if?
Jakub> It confuses people e.g. when using rpm when foo package contains the shared
Jakub> library and foo-devel a .so symlink to it, then there is always some time
Jakub> when both are upgraded when some symlink is stale (either points to the
Jakub> older or newer library) and if ldconfig is called during that time period,
Jakub> it complains.

Go ahead and send a patch.  I don't think I'll mind but like to see
the patch first.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger