Re: The DT_AUXILIARY patch

   Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:31:28 -0700
   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

   On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 06:27:34PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
   > Here is the DT_AUXILIARY patch for the shared libgcc. After some
   > experiments, I believe we shouldn't even need libgcc.so under Linux.
   > We just set the DT_AUXILIARY to libgcc.so$(libgcc.so-version). We will
   > only have /lib/libgcc.so$(libgcc.so-version) which is symlinked to
   > /lib/libgcc-3.0.so. /lib/libgcc.so$(libgcc.so-version) is hidden from
   > user. Everything is still linked with libgcc.a.

   BTW, we just need to make sure everything exported from the shared
   libgcc is also exported from libc.so. I think we will be safe then.

That would be an incredibly stupid thing to do, since it means that
you'd have to recompile glibc whenever things are added to libgcc.so.

You'll probably have to install a libgcc.so linker script in the same
directory as libgcc.a, and preferably create a libgcc_nonshared.a
there too.  Of course this can be postponed until you actually add
new stuff to libgcc.so.

Mark