more PRs

I went through a few more of the PRs on Andreas' list:

1512  at best suspended.  We cannot do anything without a major rewrite
      and most probably kernel support.

1643  I've checked in changes to initgroups and the NSS modules.

1662  The whole spinlock code change.  Reported must test 2.1.91.

1665  I don't know whether not blocking is good or wanted.  This would
      allow somebody start an DOS attack on the syslog daemon and at the
      same time run some code which normally would log its action.

1708  I can reproduce this.  No clue yet.

1749  I think I can reproduce this.  Don't know yet.

1755  I agree with the analysis and implemented an appropriate change.
      I'll contact Miles about this separately.

1792  I've added -f everywhere now.  We'll see whether it helps.

1799  I've made the proposed change.

1804  It's not clear what the situation is.  I think it is while running
      gdb in which case this is a gdb problem.  Otherwise, we need a test
      case.  In any, should try again with 2.1.91.