Re: glibc 2.1.91 based distributions :-(.

Andreas> The problems I see are mainly that people think this is a
Andreas> beta test of a distribution - and of glibc.  It might hinder
Andreas> development of glibc because there's no [1] big warning that
Andreas> e.g. glibc is itself beta and subject to change.  glibc will
Andreas> definitly change in an incompatible way, e.g. the RPC-IPv6
Andreas> code has to be fixed.

Andreas> People might take features of glibc for granted and will
Andreas> complain to us, the glibc developers, if we change things.
Andreas> Instead they should complain to the distributors for
Andreas> releasing an *alpha* version of glibc.

I don't see the problem, thats why you can go buy an aluminium
baseball bat at your local sports store and use it to LART the
clueless lusers until they get the point.

If the distribution vendors are not smart enough to read the glibc
ChangeLog and rebuild things from scratch after entries stating things
about incompatible changes (as a minimum) then it's really their own
problem.

Jes