PR libc/1665: syslog() blocks

I've verified that syslog() indeed blocks when I use a `fake' syslogd
(i.e. a program that binds a socket to /dev/log, but then just sleeps
and doesn't read it).  However simply using non-blocked mode isn't an
option, since it would mean that under high load messages could be
lost.  And, as Ulrich already indicated, a malicious user could
prevent logging important events by writting huge amounts of data to
/dev/log.  AFAICT all the BSD's still use code similar to ours.
IMHO people should use a bug-free syslogd.

OK to close the bug report?

Mark