2.1.96

I've put out 2.1.96 and tagged the source tree.  Looking through the
problems we had to fix there were really no problems in everyday code
anymore.  The changes for ld.so, fnmatch, or the locale code (which I
did today) were for hardly used features.  This is good since the
obvious problems seems to be fixed.  But maybe it means there are
still more such problems in not-so-often used code.  This stresses
just once again that it's important to increase the test coverage.
Please help a bit with this, I cannot do it all alone.