Re: _dl_cpuclock_offset

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> Why not initialize _dl_cpuclock_offset in rtld.c rather than in sysdeps
> code?  And come to think of it, why not just set it to the START_TIME
> local already set in _dl_start?

In _dl_start you cannot write to a global variable.  You could perhaps
do all the initialization in _dl_start_final (move it from dl-sysdep)
but passing the value is causing more pain than it solves since you
have to handle the !HP_TIMING_INLINE case.

I put it in dl-sysdep since there is where all the initialization code
is.  If you feel strongly move it to _dl_final_start.