Re: nscd messages

On Mon, Jul 16, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> nscd seems to be a bit to noisy.  It spits too many messages into the
> syslog file.  The amount can be determined by anybody contacting the

All I can see is that you don't print messages now where I would
say this are all real error messages where the sysadmin should
look from where it comes.
I cannot find any messages in our log files here from nscd.

> nscd.  This could probably be used for some kind of DoS attack.

Everybody can send messages to syslog, I don't see this as problem.

> I'll check in soon a patch to make these messages go away.  Please
> look at the patch and complain if you think this is wrong.

Looks ok for me.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Deutschherrenstr. 15-19       D-90429 Nuernberg