iconvconfig encore

I forgot to mention one more thing you should know.

If you look at the iconvconfig.h file you'll see a data type gidx_t
defined to uint16_t.  I originally used everywhere uint32_t but found
that the cache file gets reduced so well that no offset using more
than 15 bits.  Switching to uint16_t reduced the file size by another
25%.  So we stick with it.  The file size is about 21k now and since I
don't expect many more modules to be added tis should be sufficient
for all times.  I case I'm wrong all that has to be done is to change
the one type definition and bump the magic number.