Re: very soon

Jes Sorensen <jes@trained-monkey.org> writes:

> Sorry for barking, but I am seeing one strange error with the current
> version. I can't find GCONV_PATH declared anywhere else in the source
> (same for GCONV_DIR).  Shouldn't the code be changed to do something
> like this?:
>
> 	tmp_string = getenv("GCONV_PATH");
> 	/* In any case also handle the standard directory.  */
> 	path = strdupa (GCONV_PATH);
>
> Or am I missing something? Isn't iconvconfig.c being compiled on non
> ia64 boxen?

It's compiled everywhere and it works.

Above code is wrong.  The GCONV_PATH value is fixed, no user is
allowed to set an environment variable.  The iconv/Makefile contains

CFLAGS-iconvconfig.c = -DGCONV_PATH='"$(gconvdir)"' -DGCONV_DIR='"$(gconvdir)"'

So, if you have problems either the Makefile is incomplete or a tool
is broken.  I do test IA-64 these and iconvconfig is build here.