Re: BENCHMARK bits/string.h and bits/string2.h optimizations

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes:

> Nobody reported anything for other platforms so far as far as I've seen.

I got the same results on an Athlon system and would also like to
disable those inline functions that GCC is better at.  Since the code
in GCC is generic, a regression for other platforms can - in theory -
get fixed in GCC.  I would just disable them now and see whether
people report problems or not (I expect the later),

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de