Re: strptime bugs

Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> writes:

> 12 is allowed for tm_hour. And I don't think that we are allowed
> to modify correct input into another value, if the output would
> be also correct.

Of course we are allowed to assume that 12 in this case means 12am.
It's the user's fault if the am/pm information isn't present.

> This is max. one zero, but the draft explicit writes zeros.

Yes, multiple zeros for multiple inputs.

The problem is that changing this breaks compatibility.  There are
programs which depend on this behavior and there is no good reason to
change it.  This all comes from the ability to parse dates even
without the reqiurement of separators.