Re: glob must not call globfree

Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:

> 2002-02-07  Andreas Schwab  <schwab@suse.de>
>
> 	* sysdeps/generic/glob.c: Don't call globfree on the passed glob
> 	structure.

I very much doubt this is correct.  I've never seen any requirement
like this.  If somebody intercepts the globfree calls for whatever
reasons and finds them handling memory which wasn't returned by a call
to glob this is the problem of that code.  Fortunately for whoever
makes this assumption one of the optimizations on the table for 2.3
will eliminate this.  If you send me a complete patch to use
INTDEF/INTUSE you get the effect you want.