Re: s390 wordsize.

> Bernd Kaindl from SuSE noticed that a make install copies the wrong
> wordsize.h header. The implies file in sysdeps/s390/s390-{32,64}
> specifies the wordsize-{32,64} directory. The wordsize header file in
> wordsize-{32,64} overrides the wordsize header in sysdeps/s390/bits.
> Bernds solution is to copy the wordsize.h file back to their original
> location sysdeps/s390/s390-{32,64}/bits. Then a  make install picks
> up the correct file and biarch compiles work.

That's how it is for sparc32/sparc64 too, so I guess this is the thing to
do.  It would be nice to avoid the duplication.  I can quickly whip up a
way to have an Implies file line say it should apply after the parent dir
rather than before, but that might be pushing the obscurity of the system
even further.  As an example kludge if you want to try it, take this patch
to configure.in (and make sure your autoconf is 2.13), and change
wordsize-NN to wordsize-NN+ in s390-NN/Implies.

Conversely, you might see what happens to your sysdirs list if you just put
s390 before wordsize-NN in the Implies files.