Re: glibc ABI symbol list checking

Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> writes:

>> Hi Roland, this is really a good idea!
>
> It's a start, but I don't want to let it make us complacent.  It's far from
> a complete solution.  Something that keeps track of the type signatures
> would make a bigger difference.
>
>> But the makefile hacks seems not to be complete, I get (both with
>> check-abi and update-abi) a failure in the locale directory:
>
> Sorry if I wasn't clear about this.  They won't work until some reference
> files are installed, subdir/libfoo.abilist for each libfoo.so we build.
> So start by touch locale/libBrokenLocale.abilist et al, and then check-abi
> should show you diffs containing the whole .symlist with +s, and update-abi
> will work.

update-abi does work now for me but if I transfer e.g. the
locale/libBrokenLocale.abilist file for i.86 which is:

GLIBC_2.0 i.86-.*-linux.*
 GLIBC_2.0 A
 __ctype_get_mb_cur_max F

to x86-64 and run update-abi this time as:
$ make update-abi update-abi-config='x86_64-.*-linux.*'

I get a new file:
GLIBC_2.2.5 x86_64-.*-linux.*
 GLIBC_2.2.5 A
 __ctype_get_mb_cur_max F

The config for i.86 is removed.  How should those two get merged
together correctly?

> I had intended to get some initial reference lists in shortly after my
> first posting, but I've been sick this week.

Take your time - and get well again!

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger