Re: AIO work in librt

Mark Brown wrote:

> We are thinking about making this work in librt (and submitting it, of
> course).

Making what work?  RHEL ships with some support for kernel aio already.
 This code (or more specifically: the kernel side) is not yet in
sufficient shape to be accepted.  That's what's keeping it back.  The
librt side should be done for the current kernel aio approach which is
everything but sane.

So the task is to design an implement a workable aio implementation in
the kernel and I haven't seen anything like this lately.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â