Re: pthread_cond_* does not compile on i386

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Gilles Carry <Gilles.Carry@bull.net> wrote:
>  I don't know if there are specific rules for this but it would make sense
> to me that C code is the reference.

I agree with you.

>  Actually, i386 lacks some macros used in C code:
>         pthread_cond_broadcast.c: lll_futex_requeue
>         pthread_cond_signal.c: lll_futex_wake_unlock

Unfortunately lowlevellock.h doesn't have a generic equivalent, but
ARM, MIPS and HPPA all use *almost* exactly the same code, relying on
atomic.h primitives to write the higher level functions.

I suggest you copy the missing functions from one of these ports, and
verify that the required atomic primitive exists and is actually
atomic.

That should get you to a working state.

Cheers,
Carlos.