dlopen questions

Hello

I've been struggling with a problem for some time now.
I have an application that compiles and loads modules with dlopen.
The problem is that if i try to recompile a module that is already
loaded with dlopen the application crashes with the following message:

<address> in __kernel_vsyscall ()

this also happens if I simply rm the module file.

ïMy thoughts on the subject is that when dlopen has been called the code
and symbols from the module would reside in memory making the actual
file on the hard drive irrelevant. Why is this not the case?

I'm on Ubuntu 8.04 Linux 2.6.24 btw...

All help greatly appreciated!

/Dacobi