Re: new libc

Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
thank you for the prompt reply. I've tried your solution and it didn't work.
I also tried to call ld directly as follows
ld -d y -o z4 z4.o .libc.so.1 libm.so.2

So, I am manually passing it my newly built libc. However, it still refuses
to recognize the definitions of the new functions. Why could that be?

Please use gcc to link your program, gcc knows how to link executables correctly.

Are you using the GNU linker and assembler?

c.

I am using gcc linker and assembler. What I did was verify that my new functions are defined using dlsym function in my test file. It appears that the function is not defined. However, when I call nm on my newly built library, the symbols are there. What does this mean? Thank you.

Polina