Re: inlining failed

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Nix <nix@esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2008, Dominik Táborsk told this:
>> I think the -fno-stack-protector is also needed to compile glibc, but so
>> far, no matter how hard I've tried, how long I have been googling this,
>> I just can't get it compiled...
>
> I posted a patch a while back that allows glibc to build and pass all
> but one of its tests with stack protection turned on in CFLAGS, which
> might help. Let's see, ah, here:
>
> <http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2008-07/msg00062.html>
>
> (2.8, sorry: I'm about to update it to 2.9.)

This looks like a nice patch, have you submitted it as an enhancement
in the bugzilla?

Could you also submit this to eglibc? Embedded targets could make good
use of this.
(patches@eglibc.org http://www.eglibc.org/mailing_lists)

> Nobody commented, not even with regard to the apprarent stack corruption
> in strtol() spotted by running the testsuite with the stack protector on.

If you think there is a bug in strtol() please open a bugzilla issue
along with your analysis. After all we are a volunteer project.

Cheers,
Carlos.